Blended coffees are coffee bean mixtures that are made up of different roasts, styles, or tastes of coffee. Blends are one way roasters are able to provide so many different flavor profiles and roasts, even though the blend may be made up of only Arabica beans. There are many different types of Arabica coffee beans in the world, each with their own unique characteristics and flavor.
The blended coffees at Honolulu Coffee all start with premium Kona coffee beans, which are of the Arabica variety. Our blends then incorporate Arabica beans from different parts of the world, like Latin, South, and Central Americas. The end results are totally unique coffee blends that you can't find anywhere other than Honolulu Coffee.
At Honolulu Coffee we offer four different coffee blends year-round and a special holiday blend available only during the last few months of the year.
- Kona Blend. Our signature house blend, the Kona Blend consists of a full 25% of Estate-Grown Kona coffee beans along with specialty beans from Central and South America. This medium roast, heavy-bodied coffee delivers peak flavors of sweet ripe fruits, raw honey, milk chocolate and raw almonds.
- Lava Roast. Dark and full-bodied, the Lava Roast is our French roast coffee. The perfect balance of earthy and spicy, Lava Roast boasts cacao flavors in a heavy cream-like body that feels buttery in the mouth.
- Honolulu Blend. 10% Kona coffee beans make up this favorite blend with South American beans filling in the remainder. A darker roast than is typical for 10% Kona blends, Honolulu Blend delivers diverse, yet balanced flavor characteristics of chocolate-covered berries, caramel, and roasted almonds.
- Decaf Honolulu Blend. Everything you love about the Honolulu Blend with no caffeine! Our chemical-free decaffeination process ensures the coffee flavors remain true and delicious.
- Holiday Roast. During the Holiday Season, we offer our special Holiday Roast blended coffee. In limited amounts, this year's Holiday Roast contains Hawaiian and Latin American coffees with notes of chocolate and winter spice.
No matter which blend you choose, you're sure to fall in love with Honolulu Coffee, savoring every ono (delicious) sip you take. Learn more about our coffee blends and how best to brew them here.